The Best Movies You Can Enjoy While High
A Brief Listing of the Best Choice on Movie Platforms and How it Can Be Beneficial
Film binging can be an ideal way to recreate and stimulate your mind, that’s why in this article we’ve brought a selection of the best movies you can watch while you’re high both on Netflix and in general if you please. Also, there will be a series of facts that may be considered to choose this connoisseur hobby as a designated one when consuming cannabis.
For this article, we will try to cover all tastes and purposes of cannabis users, those who are looking for a hilarious repertoire, a romantic choosing, suspense, drama, or even those who are just looking forward to a more classical way to make their couch locking experience more exciting. Whether you’re trying to get a deeper understanding of film making, or simply looking to enjoy a stoner comedy you’ve come to the ideal place.
How Did Stoner Films Become So Popular
Stoner movies have become a well-known sub-genre due to its self-parodic characters and endeavors, these films offer more than just a good laugh. Not only that, but popular conception has turned it into a bonding experience while also bolstering the acceptance of cannabis as a recreational drug.
Also, this genre has gathered a cult following due to its preposterous, ironic and many times clever depictions of diverse situations. Many times main characters are portrayed with a very humane quality or struggle, which can inspire a sense of empathy among viewers. For example, movies like The Big Lebowski, Pineapple Express, and Dazed and Confused have acquired a must-view standard for most cinephiles regardless of its “stoner” label, these movies have something rather interesting to offer. Whether its a pleasant visual show, intriguing stories, hilarious situations or just a nice incursion into the bizarre.
It is precisely the parodic quality of the person blended with film watching what gained the genre so much popularity. For instance, the 1936 film Reefer Madness, an anti-marijuana movie with propagandistic intends, has become one of the most popular viewing choices for cannabis consumers due to its absurd depiction of the effects caused when using marijuana. It is a serious film, however, its outdated references have turned it into a classic thanks to the literal comedic nature of human beings.
Nowadays several platforms allow us to access a wide range of films, so many of the films selected in the lists will feature easy to get content with no spoilers but rather a brief description of the film, so keep in mind this repertoire of flicks when watching Netflix.
Best Movies to Watch High on Netflix
This Sci-Fi psychological thriller starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Drew Barrymore and Patrick Swayze is sure to leave you wondering on space and time, following the happenings and experiences of symptomatic “paranoid schizophrenic” Donnie Darko, and the apparent daylight hallucinations of the young protagonist as he is visited and informed that the world will end in 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 12 seconds by the monstrous Frank, this movie takes some context from The Philosophy of Time Travel by Roberta Sparrow. An original intake on the bizarre that gathered a notorious cult following due to the compelling and fascinating screenplay as well as its inherent thoughtfulness makes it a great choice to enjoy both with friends and by yourself when high.
This Action Crime Drama classic directed by Quentin Tarantino starring Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Uma Thurman and other high profile actors gets your attention and mind going while giving you a good laughter with the writer’s brilliant and humane dialogues that are certain to initiate inner jokes and comments that are as memorable as this film. Its intriguing action and development compels viewers to deepen themselves inside the film and its divided segments while hinting those who enjoy film to develop their own theories as the length goes by, in this case, weed serves as a more than ideal boost to fuel the adrenaline of the film.
This stoner action comedy film not only did launch Judd Apatow’s directorial career but it earned itself the title of perhaps the most notorious stoner film of its generation. Starring James Franco, Seth Rogen and Danny McBride, Pineapple Express has earned more than a cult following it has become a go-to activity to watch while you’re high. Rather than an introspective character this movie is filled with hilarious moments and adventures while also getting some points across when it comes to weed enjoyment. The length of the film follows Dale Denton a habitual marijuana user as he tightens his bond with his dealer Saul Silver, the preposterous come to reality in a believable way, but despite any difficulties that may come ahead, friendship and good times with cannabis prevail and are all that matters for these two.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
This romantic Sci-Fi comedic drama starring Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey may induce viewers to explore the romantic nature of the mind enjoying a touching film that follows a couple re-encountering after erasing each other from their minds whilst the backward narrative of the events takes place on the psyche of both main characters as they remember in order to forget each other. This could be an ideal film to catch on an introspective high despite the bitterness depicted, it can serve a greater good.
The Last Unicorn
This animated fantasy film is a cult classic, and many of its followers happen to be keen cannabis users, starring the voice talents of Mia Farrow, Jeff Bridges and Alan Arkin with a particular and charming animation of the 1980’s it has a consistent style and material that is certain to stimulate the mind and maybe bring on some regressions from your childhood despite its bitter content. The story follows the aftermath of the unicorn exodus as the main character learns she is the remaining free member of her kind, she ventures into unfamiliar territories to bring back her species after the evil spirit of the Red Bull herd the unicorns to the ends of the Earth. There is one particular scene that weed consumers should be expecting due to its wild and extremely fantastic and touching nature.
Great Movies to Watch While High
This psychological drama action flick directed by David Fincher, based on Chuck Palahniuk’s original novel. It stars Edward Norton as the insomniac discontent narrator who meets Brad Pitt’s Tyler Durden, soon enough the film takes on a darker tone as the embroiled partners start to operate on Project Mayhem. Despite the mixed reviews and the early pull it got from theaters, it became one of the most iconic films of generation X and remains to be a fan favorite due to its psychological thrilling quality. Cannabis consumers are certain to make the best out of it thanks to “it’s the more you see it the more you get it” characteristic and its impact is sure to keep you sharp.
Harold and Kumar
This series of stoner movies starring John Cho and Kal Penn are among the safest bets you can make for your high times, there is no particular set of films are each enjoyable in their own fun and friendly way. Each film depicts a classical stoner adventure, unexpected adventures and road trips that can inspire a good incursion with friends. These movies are made to entertain viewers when under the influence of weed, so why not give it a go.
Dazed and Confused
This coming of age comedy film is said to range on the stoner category due to its humorous approach on drug use, starring Jason London, Cole Hauser, Milla Jovovich, Ben Affleck, Parker Posey, and one of Matthew McConaughey’s most memorable and earliest performances, it follows the last day of the Lee High School students with all the classical stereotyped characters during teenage years. It’s a story about friendship and having fun during the dawning days of youth, it can make viewers bask in nostalgia as it can inspire a good road trip or simply a good hang out among old friends.
The Big Lebowski
This crime comedy and debated stoner Cohen brothers film is another iconic must watch when high, starring Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, and Julianne Moore takes on the events that unfold when Jeffrey “the dude” Lebowski is mistaken by a billionaire of the same name and the kidnapping of his wife. The movie offers a spectacular visual show as well as fun to watch lovable incursion with an outstanding performance by Bridges. if you’re looking for a laugh and some emotion The Big Lebowski may be the one you’re looking for.
This Cristopher Nolan Science Fiction film starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Marion Cotillard and Ellen Page became one of the most influential movies of the past decade, with intense sequences and a catching perspective of dreams and reality that explores the idea of individuals sharing the same dream space as corporate spies “dream extractors” engage in a final job that will earn Dominick Cobb’s freedom. As the movie develops so does the viewer as the compelling storyline deepens on the psyche, it is a movie that can spark creativity and thoughtfulness in the audience, so if you’re looking to get an introspective mood, this may be the right choice for you.
Why Watching Movies Helps You Feel Better You’re High
- Its enriching: Dipping oneself into a cinematic experience can be revitalizing, not only is the viewer is taking on the film maker’s perspective, but its a foreign point of view, it certainly exposes us to something new, breaking cultural boundaries, expanding our comfort zone, or simply disconnecting for a little while, there is nothing as stimulating as learning and what better way to experience the process than enjoying a good piece of art especially if the viewer is under the enhancing influence of cannabis.
- It inspires: Movies provide us with countless stories and emotions, and its the subjectivity of the art what makes it so interesting and compelling, a great story can touch a core and unleash a wide variety of feelings that can spark a creative bulb in the viewer, while it also helps to overcome fears and insecurities, who hasn’t felt inspired by a great speech or quote from a movie. Road trips, outdoor adventure a spontaneous vacation, for example, the Before trilogy could do the trick for recreational inspiration and in many cases, cannabis may take this to a spiritual level, it all depends on how far is the viewer willing to be in touch with his or her inner-self.
- It can be therapeutic: Film therapy has become a method to treat several personal struggles and there are several assets to this specific treatment that goes beyond relaxation and disconnection. First, it makes you aware of your own problems through the identification and relation that the viewer can develop when seeing a full-length film or a specific scene. Also, it can help enhance attention for viewers who struggle with attention deficit thanks to the visual impact from the images, while also generating a keener intention to learn due to films allegorical like nature.
- It helps moral foundations: The viewer character relation can be powerful, and when a significant and clinical decision is about to be made we can’t help but put ourselves in the same situation as the character, rethinking negative thoughts and introspection are both the main purposes of many filmmakers and a beneficial use of cannabis, in many cases, film can change lives especially when one is vulnerable to ideas.
- It can inspire self-improvement: Again, the viewer- character relation can bring powerful benefits when singling out the screen characters relation to oneself, this may include the strengths we see in the length of the film and it can bolster viewers to improve the strengths and skills as a psychological outcome.